Alexander
Gorlin
Architects

1/10
2/10
3/10
4/10
5/10
6/10
7/10
8/10
9/10
10/10

The Admiral's House Adaptive Reuse

Built in 1843 in the Greek Revival style by renowned architect Martin Thompson, The Admiral’s House served as residence for the Commanding Officer for the both the Army and the Coast Guard of Governor's Island up until 1996. The building is individually listed on the National Register of Historic Places and was designated a New York City landmark in 1967.

We conducted a comprehensive building assessment and design renovations that aimed to preserve the historic character of the building while transforming it into an event space. The project scope included code-compliant utilities upgrades, water damage remediation and the adaptive reuse of the interior space to allow for conferences and catered small events.

Type
Institutional

Location
Governor's Island, NY

Client
The Trust for Governor's Island

Tags
historic renovation, interior renovation, adaptive reuse, Governor's Island, New York City

Save